Does your organization struggle to get the word out about upcoming events? Are you doing important work but feeling like the best kept secret in your community? Do you find yourself in a chronic cycle of just-in-time deadline chasing?
You need a communications strategy for your cause.
Communications–especially in nonprofits–is often relegated to an unfortunate ranking on our to do lists: ‘when I have time.’ Since most of us will never find our way to this magical state of being, we lose a chance to put a valuable tool to good use. And yet, investing a relatively small amount of time to planning can enable us to advance key operational and/or programmatic goals through communications.
This on-demand webinar presents a framework you can use to develop a simple communications strategy for your organization or cause. Using what you learn, you’ll be ready to craft a strategy that can be used to guide your work, enlist the help of others, and demonstrate the value of communications to your team. Key elements of your strategy include:
- comms objectives – what will be achieved through our communications activities?
- audiences to be targeted – who do we most need to reach or influence?
- desired actions + outcomes – how do we hope to engage these audiences?
- tools + tactics – what communication platforms and channels will we use (and how)?
- content priorities – what kind(s) of content/information do we plan to share?
- possible metrics to target + track – how will we measure success?
Upon registering, you will receive:
- immediate access to the webinar recording
- a mini action kit that includes helpful resources to help you put what you learn into practice
- an invitation to join a private Facebook group where you can ask questions and engage with peers
Bite-sized learning on your terms.
This professional development webinar has been designed as an affordable do-it-yourself learning opportunity to help you craft an actionable strategy for clear and consistent communications to advance your cause. In addition to instant access, you’ll also be able to download all the materials so that you can revisit them at any time, and on your schedule.