Does your organization struggle to get the word out about upcoming events? Are you doing important work but feeling like the best kept secret in your community? Do you find yourself in a chronic cycle of just-in-time deadline chasing?
Develop a Communications Strategy for your Cause
Thursday, January 31, 2019
10:00 a.m. HST / 12:00 noon PST / 3:00 p.m. EST
from anywhere with a reliable internet connection
Communications–especially in nonprofits–is often relegated to an unfortunate ranking on our to do lists: ‘when I have time.’ Since most of us will never find our way to this magical state of being, we lose a chance to put a valuable tool to good use. And yet, investing a relatively small amount of time to planning can enable us to advance key operational and/or programmatic goals through communications.
This webinar will present a framework you can use to develop a simple communications strategy for your organization or cause. Using what you learn, you’ll be ready to craft a strategy that can be used to guide your work, enlist the help of others, and demonstrate the value of communications to your team. Key elements of your strategy include:
- comms objectives – what will be achieved through our communications activities?
- audiences to be targeted – who do we most need to reach or influence?
- desired actions + outcomes – how do we hope to engage these audiences?
- tools + tactics – what communication platforms and channels will we use (and how)?
- content priorities – what kind(s) of content/information do we plan to share?
- possible metrics to target + track – how will we measure success?
All participants will receive: instructions to access the live webinar, preparation tips to make the most of the live call, a recording of live event, and a mini action kit that includes helpful resources to help you put what you learn into practice.
Advance registration is required.