The Outreach Collective is a community of practice for nonprofit and other community-serving professionals tasked with public engagement and community-building duties on behalf of their organization or cause.
This program may be a good fit for you if you:
- are involved in community outreach, stakeholder engagement, and/or community-building and eager to cultivate a trusted network of peers
- occasionally feel isolated in your work and crave a safe space to test and shape new ideas
- could benefit from new approaches to your work but don’t have time to keep up with emerging industry trends and practices
- struggle to find time to focus on big picture planning and strategy
- want to explore ways to refine, and amplify the impact of, your current public outreach and/or community-building efforts
Program overview for the Fall 2019 cohort:
Over a one-year period extending from October 1, 2019 through September 31, 2020, you’ll connect with a community of peers and benefit from personalized coaching and curated resources to support your work, including:
- ONE virtual welcome gathering in October 2019 to get to know your cohort members and chart our course together
- TEN MONTHLY group web conferences–participating by video strongly encouraged–from November 2019 through August 2020
- TWELVE MONTHLY one-to-one consultations via web-based video conference to explore, brainstorm, or otherwise support your work as it relates to community outreach and engagement
- Access to a shared online workspace with various RESOURCES curated from my past and current work, as well as contributions from your fellow participants
- A celebratory virtual group gathering in late September 2020
- The opportunity to join an alumni network after the program concludes
Who this program was created for:
The Outreach Collective was created with nonprofit professionals in mind. That said–both government agency staff members who work closely with local communities, as well as community-builders from private enterprises whose work and mission intersects with the nonprofit sector, can benefit from participation.
This program is inspired by The Communications Collaborative, a similarly structured community of practice for communications professionals. The key difference between the two programs is that all aspects of The Outreach Collective are conducted virtually. This format allows for participation beyond the island of O’ahu–where The Communications Collaborative takes place.
Additionally, the program strives for diversity of experience and mission-focus among participants. This diversity creates opportunities to access the fresh perspectives and new insights that cross sector connections can provide–especially to those of us who have become deeply entrenched in traditional approaches to, and ‘ways of doing’, in our work.
The registration fee for this twelve-month program is $1,495 which is payable:
- in full by August 31, 2019 (= $1,495)
- or in twelve monthly installments of $125 each (= $1,500)
While budgets are always tight, the program investment is much less than the average registration + travel costs to attend a major industry or professional conference, and the benefits of participation will be longer lasting.
Ready to sign-up and join us?
Advanced registration is required. Prior to completing the registration form and submitting payment, you’re encouraged to connect with me to talk through whether this opportunity is a good fit for you.
Curious to learn more–or ready to sign up?
I’m available to speak with you by phone or answer your questions by email. You can reach me at (808)271-1721 or firstname.lastname@example.org.