Around this time last year, a small group of people received a special invitation in their inboxes about an idea that was percolating. Since then, a couple dozen adventurous action-takers who took the leap to join me in the experiment have been piloting + building a nonprofit learning hub and strategy lab: Comms For Causes.
Now that the bones of the Comms For Causes learning hub and private community space are established, we’re eager for more of you to join us!
We’ve been piloting the experience over the past year and are still learning and building it together with about two dozen founding members. An important component is the community of members which we’re eager to expand for two key reasons:
- to further diversify the places, roles, mission-focuses, and lived experiences represented by our members
- to reach a group size that ensures meaningful participation and collective peer support (i.e., not all members will be active participants at all times or in all elements of the membership, some will begin as more quiet observers)
Does anything in this list resonate with you?
- you feel isolated in your work and crave access to a supportive network of peers
- get overwhelmed by free resources and ‘how to’ YouTube videos
- attend immersive workshops and conferences but fail to apply anything you learn
- find yourself tasked with marketing and communications responsibilities with little support or guidance
- struggle to find time to balance social media duties with more critical operational tasks
- find yourself in a chronic cycle of just-in-time deadline chasing
- feel like you’re missing out on important marketing opportunities
…then be sure to consider joining us!
You’ll gain access to A WHOLE YEAR of learning, a growing library of templates, and be part of building a supportive community of people who get your work (the good, the bad, and the aspirational!).
Rather than overwhelming you with a firehose of material delivered through an intensive workshop, webinar, or do-it-yourself course that you’ll never find time to revisit and implement, you’ll gain long-term access to a series of bite-sized learning tools released each month.
Our founding members range in organization size and location, including Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, Tennessee, South Dakota, and Virginia, and also represent a wide range of mission focuses. Member roles range from Executive Director to independent contractors, as well as marketing, community engagement, and communications specialists.
Limited opportunity to join
Membership will only open twice per year, in the Fall and Spring. In 2022, we’ll be welcoming new members from Sep. 8-13. After that, the next chance to join will be in April 2023.
Thoughts? Share them here: